You will be aware that the Elders felt it necessary to introduce some practices and protective measures when the church met Sunday past. We have of course been closely monitoring the Government’s announcements and have gauged opinion from other Christian sources as to what further steps should be taken.
The Elders met again this evening and have unanimously agreed that the church at Westwoodhill has a clear obligation to follow the scientific and medical advice for the protection of our church family and of our community at large.
It is therefore with heavy hearts that we share the following new measures to be introduced for the foreseeable future but to be reviewed in 4-weeks’ time –
- House Groups can no longer meet – however, we would encourage you to continue privately with the material and be blessed as you study and meditate on God’s Word.
- Sunday morning and Sunday evening Services will not continue meantime. However, we plan to make use of recorded or live streaming of our Sermons and again benefit and be blessed though the Preaching of God’s Word. We are hopeful of having this in place for Sunday coming, guidance on this will be shared with the church before Sunday.
- Activity Groups meeting in the church building cannot now continue.
- There is no doubt what has come upon our lives, our Fellowship, our Nation, our World is overwhelming and can indeed be the cause of much worry and anxiety. The Elders are now working on plans to ensure as best we can, that Pastoral care and support one for the other continues. We call upon the whole fellowship to play your part and be prepared to show a care, compassion and love for one another prayerfully and practically. We will update you on this matter in due course.
- Overarching all of this, we will continue to Pray, casting ourselves on our loving Heavenly Father who promises His peace in times of trouble.
- Let us not neglect our obligations to pray for those in authority over us and who carry the weight of responsibility as they determine and make decisions for our nation, may they seek God’s guidance and wisdom in all these matters. Also, for our NHS, Medical, Caring and Emergency Services and all who work tirelessly for the health and welfare of our Communities.
Yours in Christ Jesus our Lord,