Apologies for the length of this note, but please stick with it and read on…..
You will be very much aware of the recent advice from the Scottish Government regarding the spread of the Omicron variant of Covid-19 mainly affecting some business premises and other venues. No specific instructions have, as yet, been given regarding Places of Worship other than to refresh the need for care and sensible precautions.
It is in this regard the Elders wish to remind members and visitors attending Westwoodhill Church over the next few days of steps we should be taking to ensure as best we can, the health and welfare of ourselves and friends who visit.
We are therefore encouraged to –
- Take a Lateral Flow Test (LFT) before coming to church. Please do not come if it shows a positive result.
- Unless you are exempt, please wear a properly fitted face covering at all times while you are inside the church building.
- Hand sanitisers are provided for our use.
- Please make best efforts to maintain reasonable space between one another.
- We hope to have new directional signage to help movement within the building.
- We are also encouraged not to congregate too much in the building but to enjoy our conversations outside.
- The NHS Scotland’s Test & Protect system registration is not required for Members or regular attenders; however, we ask visitors over the next few weeks to read the poster at the front door notice board and make use of the familiar QR check-in system.
- The new upstairs room and the lower floor ‘creche’ space will be available over the next few weeks should you feel more comfortable with fewer numbers around. We benefit from the linked audio/visual facilities in these areas so as to enjoy the Services in the main hall.
These are the basic steps we should be taking at this time; we watch with great interest for any further news or instructions from the Scottish Government which may affect our plans. Should this happen or indeed if we feel it necessary for changes, we will of course communicate what we can with the church.
Thank you for you help in all of these matters.
Yours in Christ,