Coronavirus measures at Westwoodhill
You will be very much aware of the present situation within our nation. Government decisions and announcements are being communicated daily and there is no question we are in uncharted waters.
In the light of this the Elders have prayerfully considered the situation and have decided a number of measures which Westwoodhill Church must embrace. The following are the first steps we will introduce as of tomorrow Sunday 15th March 2020, these may be amended week by week:
- Please do not attend church if you are suffering from any coughs, sneezes, fever or suffer from any underlying health problems and particularly so if you are within one of the vulnerable groups, i.e. elderly, attending hospital or undergoing other medical care. Should this be the case, please make contact with an Elder or someone else in the church. It is vital we are aware of your plans and can then maintain a Pastoral contact and support one another while we all face up to this unprecedented challenge.
- Others who do come to church – must firstly wash your hands in the prescribed manner as you enter the building. We expect to hear many 20 second renditions of the Lord’s Prayer.
- Please refrain from shaking hands or embracing one another. Difficult in Westwoodhill, but we will teach you a ‘sign language’ alternative for future use.
- Children & Creche kids should go straight downstairs where Sunday Club leaders and helpers will assist. They will stay downstairs for a shortened Sunday Club / Creche.
- We will not now share in tea/coffee morning or evening. However, we suggest you still come early giving time to deal with point 2 above.
- The All-age Service will commence as usual at 11.00, however, we will minimise our Praise time but will nevertheless give our Preachers enough time to share their message. We expect the Service time now to be around 45 minutes.
- We have decided to postpone our normal Communion Service arrangements. We will investigate other options but feel at the moment that it is impossible to prevent passing on the virus through handling the emblems etc.
- For the same reason, our weekly offering bags will not now be used. A basket will be made available in the foyer as you leave, please make best use of this.
- The evening Discipleship Explored Course will continue; however, we plan to make use of more areas within the church so as to give better space for the various table groups.
- There is a need to be hyper- cautious with our personal cleanliness especially within the building, try as best you can from touching surfaces, e.g., door handles, switches, equipment. Doors will be wedged open to help minimise the need to open and close them. We will arrange to clean these surfaces thereafter as necessary.
- The above are just some initial steps we feel we must introduce; the Elders will continue to be vigilant with developments in this matter. There is every likelihood that other steps will be taken as more information comes to hand with regards to other Ministries of the Church, e.g. the Little Rainbows Toddler Groups have already been asked to stop. Measures for other activities will be considered and advised separately.
Let us double our efforts to care and support one another through these days. May we have a special care for those who see themselves with the vulnerable group, keep in touch with one another and share any particular matters of concern with the Elders.
Hospital and Care Home facilities etc., have introduced controls and limitations for visitors, we must also be wise and considerate in this matter with one another.
Importantly, in the midst of this unprecedented time let us remember the Lord is with us always and is able to help us experience His peace and bring calm into our hearts and minds.
Yours in Christ,