Friends,We have so much to give the Lord our God thanks for over many years at Westwoodhill. After the recent announcement from the Scottish government we have reached a point where we can make progress and move towards a more normal church life while maintaining a safe system for everyone who joins us. We are…
It is with great joy we can inform you of changes to our service layout from this Sunday 25th July following the decision to move Scotland to level 0 restrictions. This has allowed us to alter the layout of seating within the main hall to 1m social distancing and accommodate more to join in worship…
Thank you for help with the booking system over the past few weeks, it has proved valuable in our task to control numbers and comply with Covid restrictions. We are however, pleased to advise we now feel able dispense with this system and encourage you just to come to church. We have sufficient accommodation to…
Friends, You will be aware that there have been recent changes to the Covid-19 guidelines within Scotland. Furthermore we are thankful to God for the development of our Church building that is now very near completion with carpet fitters now book in the coming weeks. To that end we are ecstatic to inform everyone that…
Friends, You will be very much aware that a tighter list of measures, akin to our previous understanding of ‘lock-down’, have now been introduced across Scotland and indeed the whole of the UK. As a church fellowship we have, with the help of our Praise Band and Technical Team, managed to produce and present Sunday…
This time last year, we read wise words from the writer of Proverbs. Proverbs 3:5-6 ‘Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths.’ Not one of us expected or were remotely prepared for what would overtake us within just a few…
You will be well aware that we have, for at least the next 3-weeks, now moved into Level 4 restrictive measures which will affect many aspects of our day-to-day lives. It will come as no surprise therefore that physical attendance at church on a Sunday morning by some groups to enjoy the Service and thereafter a short time of Communion, can no longer continue. We will advise the church as and when we feel able to reconvene in this way.
Nevertheless, our Praise Group and Technical Team are, due to their limited numbers, still able to broadcast the Service. So, we still encourage all to make best use of the Church’s online facility for the Sunday morning Services at 11.00am and again to join in on Sunday nights at 6.30pm via the Zoom link.
Work is well under way on our new extension build. Demolition works are complete and the foundations are now being poured. Read on for more info on what we are doing.
You will be aware that the Elders felt it necessary to introduce some practices and protective measures when the church met Sunday past. We have of course been closely monitoring the Government’s announcements and have gauged opinion from other Christian sources as to what further steps should be taken.
The Elders met again this evening and have unanimously agreed that the church at Westwoodhill has a clear obligation to follow the scientific and medical advice for the protection of our church family and of our community at large.
It is therefore with heavy hearts that we share the following new measures to be introduced for the foreseeable future but to be reviewed in 4-weeks’ time –
- House Groups can no longer meet – however, we would encourage you to continue privately with the material and be blessed as you study and meditate on God’s Word.
- Sunday morning and Sunday evening Services will not continue meantime. However, we plan to make use of recorded or live streaming of our Sermons and again benefit and be blessed though the Preaching of God’s Word. We are hopeful of having this in place for Sunday coming, guidance on this will be shared with the church before Sunday.
- Activity Groups meeting in the church building cannot now continue.
- There is no doubt what has come upon our lives, our Fellowship, our Nation, our World is overwhelming and can indeed be the cause of much worry and anxiety. The Elders are now working on plans to ensure as best we can, that Pastoral care and support one for the other continues. We call upon the whole fellowship to play your part and be prepared to show a care, compassion and love for one another prayerfully and practically. We will update you on this matter in due course.
- Overarching all of this, we will continue to Pray, casting ourselves on our loving Heavenly Father who promises His peace in times of trouble.
- Let us not neglect our obligations to pray for those in authority over us and who carry the weight of responsibility as they determine and make decisions for our nation, may they seek God’s guidance and wisdom in all these matters. Also, for our NHS, Medical, Caring and Emergency Services and all who work tirelessly for the health and welfare of our Communities.
Yours in Christ Jesus our Lord,